Wednesday

September 3, 2008 Pondering and Seeing With the Heart

There is so much on my heart it is hard to choose what to say first.

After being stripped and led into the refining fire which burns off the 'ego-self', and reveals the trapped 'spirit-self', the heart of our being, we can allow all that needs to happen, happen. Here are a couple of thoughts from the past given to me and have come to me again with perfect timing. If you have received these from me it is worth repeating.

'Let it get as big as it needs to get', thank you Connie. This has become a place where it shouldn't be a fearful thing to die to oneself as much as needed. Notice I said 'shouldn't' meaning I am willing. Especially after looking at why there is the need to hold it all together or the illusion that I am able to do so.

'When is it okay not to be okay?' which came to me as I see the struggles of myself and individuals around me trying to find answers. People who love the Lord and are always searching for His truth. I see a message being given that we need to be perfect, we need to have it all together. I don't see this as a faith walk, looking as though we have it all together has nothing to do with faith. Faith being the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11) is the present into the future walk.
The past to the present is to look at it again for purpose of being transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12) and then allowing God to love us in spite of our past (and our present), and then take His love to others.

Faith does come by hearing and 'hearing' by the Word of God. (Romans 10) The ability to hear comes through the living (that is alive) Word of God, we cannot fully hear, fully see, fully feel on our own. We cannot have faith on our own.

David pondered His Word, and it became a beautiful conversation with God, in his heart. A place beyond carnal knowledge, in the heart; the stripped heart with deep understanding, (this is not the 'knowing' which is of the mind) from sympathy to empathetic compassion which explodes out of the core of our being to touch and reach and set free those captive, those who's hearts are still cemented. Because somehow the pulse of ever beating heart is in rhythm and understands deeply why we are here, more than our mind ever will.

It is love, because once we experience unconditional love which transforms us, we want to please God, then continually being transformed in our minds and with new hearts, we come to a place where we want to continually please God and do His will.

Faith, hope and love comes from God and His infinite, resounding Word can be hidden in my heart, it is here that I desire to 'not sin against Thee'. We cannot do anything on our own power. We are desperate humans looking for the Way, through our hearts not our minds.

Love Never Fails. The premise is love. The end is love.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. 3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.


No comments:

Post a Comment