Thursday

September 11, 2008 Your Army

Your Army

I heard You so clear, there was no doubt. But I can't say I wasn't afraid. As Ken and I tried to figure out on our own what it meant that You called us we royally messed up. But now we see. It doesn't mean we aren't afraid, but we have Your Word and other servants of Yours who understand what is happening. We are a mighty army being gathered together to commit 100% of our lives to serving You and serving each other. We are the ones You showed us the depth of what it means to love You with 'all' our heart, mind and soul. We are the ones You showed the depth of what it means to love our neighbor as ourselves. So we commit once again because
Ken and I didn't 100% out of fear that we wouldn't have what we need (materially) missing the fact that You supply 'everything', every need.

It was on January 3, 2008 here's my story. And as my heart connects with His heart, with Him I can connect with your heart. Please pray for us.

January 3, 2008, “4:20”New Year’s morning this was in my heart. Maybe it was prompted from Sunday’s evening message on discipleship. But the Lord clearly took me back to Matthew 4:20 and after hearing and reading this thousands of times I “see” it again, for the first time, and “know” it’s in my heart forever.

At 5am this New Year’s morning it took on a personal meaning. The Lord said to them, “Come follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men”. The verse grabbed me so deeply I knew it is a direct calling for me to “follow Him”, in response to this profound request and actions that follow; 9 simple but forever life changing words, “At once they left their nets and followed Him.”

I have thought my entire Christian walk was this. Now after hitting me in the face with a new light, I have known nothing or experienced nothing regarding this deeper call. It makes my heart pound. This call gives no time for “thinking about it”. “At once”, immediately, now, without hesitation, without confirmation (which by the way was my first thought to wait for confirmation/s pl.). Why would I need confirmation to “follow Him” to this deeper place? And they have already come pl., maybe because I needed them. Have I thought about this deeper calling, ever? Obviously not; in this manner. Maybe because it is a calling; maybe it is because I never took time to listen.

Either way, in the call to “leave our nets” we make ready to press forward in order to bring souls for Christ into His Kingdom. Years ago the scripture “their blood will be on our hands” cut into my spirit as it became clear that everyone is fully loved by God and He wants us to yield as ‘pathways’ to bring them this good news.

The new word already ringing in this New Year - “pathway”. It has taken on a new perspective in the way I look at my husband, the way I look at my sons, my brothers and sisters and acquaintances. They are a pathway for Christ in them and I am a pathway for Christ in me.

What tremendous, glorious and “wonderful” fear when you hear His voice say, “Follow Me”. My heart says, “I am here Lord, show me the way.”

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1227/1277368675_6c368b3771_m.jpg

We must be still, stand, hold fast and behold the Glory of the Lord.
Video & Song
'Still' Hillsong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8horRi3_E

No comments:

Post a Comment