Friday

August 8, 2008 Silent Rest

Silent Rest

Matthew 11:27 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

We have not been created to be alone. We have been created to be sociable people, to communicate and relate to one another in service to God and each other. Somewhere along the long way (Adam and Eve only represent the first) we never got it right. Our struggles are in the communion with the Lord and with each other.

When a baby is born he or she cannot speak, he or she 'is' a beautiful new creation; awesome and miraculous, a joyful new life. What a beautiful gift from God.

This is our answer. What does this precious baby need to do to be loved? What does this precious baby need to do to get attention? Within this new life straight from the presence of God, here is perfect communication. There are no words.

This communication continues within us. A powerful expression of loving, of need and desires. We know it within ourselves, the greater expression is of the heart and the heart speaks silently, through actions, through touching other hearts.

Everything is communicated within this statement in Matthew. God's love, His desire, communication from the Father to the Son; communication from the Son to the Father; communication from the Son to us. We will find rest in this 'communi(on)cation'.

Beautiful Rest


http://static.flickr.com/13/19620096_7d1c2e274c.jpg


God, when words are needed please help me to choose love.

Video & Song
'Lifesong' Casting Crowns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaia32TsPq0

No comments:

Post a Comment