Tuesday

August 12, 2008 What's Important

What's Important

Luke 10:42 'but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.'

So when the day is stacked up it is important not to lose sight of what we are really doing in this life. What is our purpose and what is most important. It isn't in the 'doing' although even in the exhaustion of these last few days I am really enjoying them, it is in the service. But I must be real careful that even though my body can't slow down through the commitments, that my heart and my connection with others isn't lost in the 'busyness', which in the past may have been foggy and overlapping a little, if not a lot.

Bless Martha's heart, we all need someone to serve, otherwise who would eat? Right? It wasn't in her 'doing' or serving Jesus. The contrast of Mary sitting at Jesus' feet in comparison to Martha, who was probably in the 'kitchen' or outside as it was in those days is the life story, was most likely distracted in her heart and caught up in just the 'doing'.

Now at this time in my life as I don't have to get lost in the 'doing' but still be in His presence, and be connected with other's hearts is a real significant change for me. Although those of you who are staying up with me, I thank you. When I drove up at the church a little late yesterday and the parking lot was full of adults already preparing, it blessed me!!!...man, I'm amazed at the beautiful community and fellowship we are having in the midst of having a blast with the children during VBS. Actually, you know it gives us a moment to be like children for a few days. What a blast!

There is nothing else other than a sincere Thank You!!
Let us not lose sight of the 'one thing which is needed'.

This Rose is called Floribunda...'Fellowship'
BEAUTIFUL!!
http://static.flickr.com/74/157476079_065d5cb945.jpg

And this is a 'community' of roses...
BEAUTIFUL!!
http://static.flickr.com/192/484687983_27eaac3c92.jpg

Video & Song
'Like a Flower in the Rain' Jaci Velasquez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA69xAUrNTA&feature=related

And we are and we just might be today...

No comments:

Post a Comment