Sunday

August 24, 2008 Give It All

Give It All

Mark 10:20 "Teacher," he declared, "all these I have kept since I was a boy." 21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

We know what happens next, the rich man went away sad. The Jesus said;

25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 26 The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, "Who then can be saved?" 27 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." 28 Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you!" 29 "I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields--and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first." NIV

Who am I that I would ever think that I am first in anything. And when things were going really well financially and I literally heard God in the middle of the night say to me 'The excess is for My kingdom', I thought I understood (notice past tense). Thinking it was about tithing and offerings, and lots more offerings. But it was not about the act of giving. It certainly was, 'the excess is for Your kingdom' because You want it all, not just part of it. And why should I have feared at all that if I gave it 'all' but the basic needs in my life that I would have little, that I would be lacking in anything.

Now in retrospect I see clearly and am open to give everything and all of 'me' to allow Him to guide me and be completely open to do His will. I am His servant. And to be completely honest it is true living, true life. I must always keep my heart and my eyes in the right place and that is on Him.

Who am I that I would ever think that I could get through the eye of a needle, but once I've been reduced (no pun intended) 'all things are possible with God'.

Who am I? I am Yours and I gladly give it all, to be stripped of 'me' to become more like You and willingly take the back seat all the time.


http://static.flickr.com/46/149809126_bc9c52d74f.jpg

Video & Song
'Who Am I' Casting Crowns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU_rTX23V7Q

No comments:

Post a Comment