Friday

August 22, 2008, Seeing and Waiting, Waiting and Seeing

Seeing and Waiting, Waiting and Seeing

Sometimes there is no plan. Just waiting for and waiting on the Lord.

For anyone who is a go-getter, a goal setter, a don't let the grass grow under your feet person this is probably the most difficult thing to do. Okay, it's me, but I'm learning and have learned to slow down quite a lot these days. I'm learning to not look at the past or the future and live there. I walked through life either with regrets and unforgiveness of the past or putting hope into something planned for the future as if there was hope in the process of planning something that couldn't be seen. But you see this isn't the faith that cannot be seen. What I'm speaking of is planning, plans for a better life, which has nothing to do with faith.

I want to separate the two ideas that have been drilled in our minds that by faith you can have anything you want, anything you desire...big house...fancy car...elaborate vacation...Lier jet with personal pilot.

Just the idea that we take God's Word and use it for gain and I admit I fell into the foolishness. To talk about the windows of Heaven pouring out blessings and standing in His presence with such ridiculousness 'wanting' things beyond my needs, maybe even thinking about Solomon that if he can have it, so can I. I heard it over and over and that still, soft spoken voice in my heart kept saying 'I promised that your needs would be met'. But I wasn't listening. And I surely didn't listen if it was preached with a vengeance and yelled at the congregation because what I was seeing, regardless of the delivery, which shuts me off anyway, is my own misinterpretation of God's Word.

As I have been reading the Bible a transforming peace that passes all understanding has really been transcended in my heart. To be able to put all this craziness and misinterpretation and let the Holy Spirit once again teach me and not put so much weight in the teaching of man but carefully weighing it all in my heart. Don't get me wrong, I am human too. Even in this I 'miss the mark'.

My desire is that God use me 'now', I leave myself wide open, my eyes wide open and my ears wide open to see and hear Him and others. Because when I listen to others and see others, I see Him. It's a beautiful place to be always looking for Him in others instead of external interpretation and misinterpretation.

Regardless of no plan, I am waiting for and on Him with a 'now' plan in my day which is waiting on others and serving and desiring to touch hearts. I am alive and living 'now' more than ever.

http://static.flickr.com/1162/662019603_fceb65e102.jpg

I could not find Michelangelo's Creation of Adam that wasn't copyrighted so
I am using this photo to say we are connecting with God and with each other.

Video & Song
'I See You' Michael W. Smith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U25fyuQvfqk

No comments:

Post a Comment