Saturday

November 8, 2008 Who Are We?

What are we doing? How simplistic can things be for us? We walk through our lives, once we are able, and form our own ideals and morals. We grab onto everything that gives us pleasure and satisfaction based on 'feeling' or 'thought' both in the secular world and in faith. Do we really have any answers except One? We put on facades and think we are in touch with 'truth'. Oh, how we are limited.

Now for those reading who feel condemned because of 'we' terms here is my ownership, as He is guiding me to see within myself.

What am I doing? How simplistic can things be for me? I walk through my life once I was able and chose my own ideals and morals. I grab onto everything that gives me pleasure and satisfaction based on 'feeling' or 'thought' both in the secular world and in faith. Do I really have any answers except One? I put on facades and think I am in touch with 'truth. Oh, how I am limited.

We hurt and destroy in the name of God, we force, shun, condemn, kill, isolate, put on airs, flaunt, pull, push, destroy, compare, and even hate or just don't 'love'. Our hearts are hardened, our ears can't hear and our eyes can't see ('I' interjected here also).

What are we doing with each other? Especially those of us who call ourselves Christians, following the ways of Christ, 'trying' to be an example of Him for the world when we can't be an example of Him in our own homes. We stand out more than all, we have His covering, His heart, His mind, we are His people. What are we doing? Are we a religion and dogma or are we a 'living' example? And really, is the answer for anyone's conversion 'just being nice'?

There are a lot more questions than answers when looking at many alternatives. I found only One that is secure, stable and a Rock and I pray that He continually restore my 'sight' and give me compassion, because I am a grasshopper.

Isaiah 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

I guess this article got me going in this comparison study used here. If you are interested, here's the link:
http://www.slate.com/id/2203614

No comments:

Post a Comment