Wednesday

November 26, 2008 Together

This year will be different at Thanksgiving.

As the years go on things change; I have changed. And I'm thankful for what I have. I've learned to see most obstacles as a test, use my heart instead of my head (an ongoing process) but I needed to be able to 'feel' the difference between the two, see my husband and family as gifts in my life to teach me how to love, see that nothing is coincidence and that nothing is never going on, not to be afraid of being pushed over the bridge, now I try to jump on my own, learned to sit with musicians until late and not take it out on husband all the way home because of my misperception that he set it up and it was someone else who had (where did that come from? Ken did you notice?), it's perfectly okay to say 'no' when there are things stacked up or scheduled elsewhere, to remember to look into the faces of the homeless when passing them and smile at them, that it's okay to just give love when there is no money or items to give, that money and items given don't mean love they just are gifts and expressions, it's okay not to keep a perfectly presentable home, or car, that things looking perfect is just an illusion because there is no such thing, (and if this isn't boring you to death), one more, I love my husband and sons and family more now than ever, with all the flaws and hurtful things said and done, because we are all humans 'becoming' and we are both joyful and hurting inside all the time, acting out all the time and it is beautiful to openly share (and be vulnerable) and invite sharing (to allow healing), healing is in the sharing. We really are humans 'becoming' with full spectrum feelings learning to be all that God created us to be.

So this Thanksgiving, be thankful and be real, allow and share feelings of pain, shame and fear so fear doesn't show up in such hurtful, acting out ways, to laugh and cry and love one another as you love yourself. I know I am.

And as we break bread together at the communion table with the ones we most desire to be with, our God appointed family, when for many it is a stressful and dreadful experience because it is where our most important work has always been going on and has been all our lives. Remember Jesus who is with us, He is reminding us 'eat this is My Body and drink this is My Blood'. Joining together with our parents and family who are missed and who couldn't make it or who have gone on to be with the Lord, what a beautiful table setting!

Go and love each other, be with your God appointed family wherever they are. We will be.

Love you all and so thankful to God for you!


Salvador Dali, 'Bread on the Table'
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2258/2092976716_ecb72a6d3a_m.jpg

Video & Song
"Thank You' Katinas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJEPg7fKOtc&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment