Sunday

November 2, 2008 New Life, Pruning and Awareness

Here's one of my late night thoughts, since day light savings time gave me a little more time to thinkabout 'abundant life'. I can't do anything about my past hurts from abuse or neglect, that is, bitter attempts to:

Hold someone responsible by withholding
Hold someone responsible by requiring restitution
Hold someone responsible by punishing (in any manner, including the above)
Or punish, withhold, abuse or neglect in an attempt to not be responsible for myself.
Or for deeper purging and deeper thought, a sick diversion, to punish, withhold or require of those innocent.
Or divert to self an attempt to mask, deny, or hold 'self' responsible for actions of abuse or neglect of any other.
With any of the above, I prolong the pain of abuse and neglect and healing is thwarted.
Instead I must make a daily choice to accept that I am whole or at least a healed human 'becoming', an emerging new life, which comes after the wild growth is pruned away, which is necessary to produce fruit.


http://farm1.static.flickr.com/37/118167205_58ca6d10ff_m.jpg
Video & Song
'I Am Willing' by Jeremy Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment