Friday

November 7, 2008 A Sacred Name

My mind is wandering this morning starting with wanting to write about Job and how after being tested came to the day when praise came out of his mouth and that's when everything changed and God restored all he had lost.

I thought about His name, the Lord, the Name above all names, Marvelous, Counselor, Almighty God, His Name, we are not worthy to speak. His name, He says shall not be used in vain.

O Boy!! Yesterday I was thinking about how it is so easy for us to use His name. His name, sacred and holy. His name, we are unworthy to even speak His name. We use it to ask, to get, to demand. Jesus said anything we 'ask'. Peter did it, right? He snatched up the man from the mat and said to him 'silver and gold have I none, but what I do have I 'give' you in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk'. Notice the word 'give' you in His name. It is time to ponder this. To see that as we pray for someone we don't need to yell, scream or demand to get 'in His name'. He already knows our needs. Really, who are we? Our primary 'need' is to praise Him, and give Him thanks and 'give' of what He has given to us, to all His people, everywhere. Those begging, lame, blind, crippled, with an issue of blood, beaten by the roadside, leprous.....dead.

Maybe my mind didn't wander much from Job after all. Because when he realized that His name is holy and to be praised, instead of reminding Him of his pity, it all changed. Oh yes, Job never cursed God, but he sure did have a pity party with Him. And who am I to talk? I am Job, and struggle just like he did, in getting my eyes off problems and praise Him regardless. One thing I know, He gives me a choice.

'Lamb of 'God'
Video & Song
'Angus Dei' Michael W. Smith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s33Yx31Cpi4&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment