Friday

November 14, 2008 Dimly Seeing

I am enjoying the daily conversations with my husband Ken, as we search for a deeper inner connection with God and 're-find' Him within each other. After years of hiding, lashing out, blaming, rejecting, dishonoring and resisting each other in a place of blindness, believing we were His servant, well, we may have been a servant of 'works', but one world changing element was missing....Light. But even the blindness was part of His perfect plan as He meant it all for good. After all, one story reflecting our story was Joseph, and I'm sure as we did, Joseph thought he was in a 'hell' hole left to die at first, but it was a place to strip down haughtiness and pride to get to meekness and humility, and to be sure the process was complete he was then taken straight into bondage, then ultimately being liberated and used for God's glory. (Genesis 37-50).

Yesterday we talked about the idioms of 'you spot it, you got it' and 'what you see is what you get' and to think these got on my nerves in the recent past but now I 'see', if I take the time to look at it, the resistance will lead me to my life's work in finding the truth about what is 'within' me. The only reason for resisting was the inability to see 'my' reflection in others, subconsciously welcoming the good and what I admired, and rejecting what was irritating, mean spirited, hurting, etc. Who am I? I am you, and you are me, we are each other.

When we can look into each other as our own reflection, we can dive within ourselves with His perfect Love and allow Him to purged and set free, then we can 're-find' within ourselves His perfect Light. Now we can feel safe to 'see fully' and 'be seen fully', we can love ourselves and our neighbor as ourselves, the ones in the mirror.

We are mirrors of each other in communion, in fellowship, within the Body of Christ, with our differing gifts but not differing souls connected with such profoundness, inexplicable in this earthly realm, connecting us in the heavenly realm with the only One Who reflects back to us Perfect Love and Light.

Let His light shine through you for the all the world to see, so they may also desire the 'fullness' of Christ in their lives.

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. 13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.




http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/2874745467_b49abae28e_m.jpg

And the deepest part of all of us, regardless of how we act out, we are crying to be seen and to be loved. 'We'll-come' to a place where we can give as well as receive.

Video & Song
'Cry For Love' Michael W. Smith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0lywmOYkuA



No comments:

Post a Comment