Friday

July 25, Crucified With Christ

Crucified with Christ

Galatians 2:20 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

When I first surrendered my life to the Lord I remember asking Him 'How much do you love me?' and He showed me the cross. I asked Him 'How can you love everyone with such love?, He showed me the cross again and asked me to come up on it with Him and be crucified with Him and in that moment I understond His unconditional, infinite love of all mankind. He said to me 'This is how I love'. For years I could not speak of what I experienced, it was and still is the most profound experience I have had in my journey with Him and I am thankful that He has brought this to my memory after all these years.

I believe this scripture is not that our flesh is literally crucified with Him, it is that our minds are crucified and renewed, our thoughts are changed to understanding His love so our hearts freely love. When our minds are renewed the flesh
follows, the heart is freer.

Philippians 4:7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

And what is the prefect will of God?

Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

And as we surrender to Christ to be renewed in our minds by being crucified with Him, our hearts which love have no obstacle and can freely pour out the love He asks of us as we serve one another.

Yeshua our Messiah, Blessed be His Name.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1298/1364989499_23dd50ae0f.jpg?v=0

Video & Song
'Blessed Be Your Name' Matt Redman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qp11X6LKYY&NR=1

No comments:

Post a Comment