Tuesday

July 22, 2008 Prayer

Prayer

1 Samuel 1:12 As she kept on praying to the Lord, Eli observed her mouth. 13 Hannah was praying in her heart, and her lips were moving but her voice was not heard. Eli thought she was drunk 14 and said to her, "How long will you keep on getting drunk? Get rid of your wine." 15 "Not so, my lord," Hannah replied, "I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the Lord.

Ecclesiates 5:7 Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. Therefore stand in awe of God.

Matthew 5:7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

Do you see it? When our hearts are moved, many words aren't necessary.
When we pray with words with another, it encourages and lifts up. It isn't the quantity of
words coming out of our mouths. God 'hears' our hearts. Words are for us, some comforting,
some damaging, some many, some few. When speaking to the Lord, the only sound we
need to make with our mouth is the sound of our soul's cry, it can be heard to the heavens.


http://static.flickr.com/49/191497464_fdea22e143.jpg

Video & Song
"I Will Lift My Eyes' Bebo Norman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8h3QLS8wmxQ&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment