Tuesday

May 27, 2008 Soul Purpose

Soul Purpose

You were born....

You are a now a spiritual being with a human body on a spiritual journey until the next birth...

Our whole life's purpose has been set on auto-pilot to serve and do God's will and at any given time we have the freedom to turn it off and fly alone. Each one of us has been given a measure of faith, a seed planted to grow us into the next kingdom with God. Each one of us knows within our own hearts if we are ready to be with God eternally. This path on this side of heaven is so short and continues on a path straight into His arms when we call on His name, He is Jesus.

When you have fallen into the torment and despair of darkness, if you can't remember anything else, remember His name because He is all you need. His name will save you from eternal darkness. Remember His name, He is Jesus.

What a glorious, wonderful, fulfilling journey...when we follow Him and leave ourselves on auto-pilot for God to guide us in His will. Perfect, yes, because He knows us better than we know ourselves. What amazing possibilities are available when we don't resist Him.

I love this quote sent to me by a wonderful brother in a recent entry, by whom I am inspired as he is a living example, to stay focused on my purpose, to love unconditionally and to follow Jesus and serve Him 24/7.

"Jesus tapped me on the shoulder and said, 'Bob, why are you resisting me?' I said, 'I'm not resisting you!' He said, 'Does that mean you're gonna drop everything and follow me?' I said, I've never really thought about what that really means before!' He said, 'When you're not letting go of stuff and following me, you're resisting me.'" -- Bob Dylan

Ephesians 1:15 Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding (heart) being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. 22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

What an amazing journey through life, to be able to experience His light and His love. To carry it for all to see as a beacon in a world crying and desperate for an answer and a reason to hope and to find abundant life. Be ready to share your faith to give them this light, this hope, this love. To walk with them and carry them through until they find His light. Our greatest calling and sole (or I should say soul's) purpose through eternity is to love; love God, love man and love ourselves and that doesn't stop even with the second birth when. . . You are born 'again'.

Video & Song
'I Will Carry You' Michael W. Smith
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EMZj0520v0g

No comments:

Post a Comment