Tuesday

May 20, 2008, A Love Letter

A Love Letter

I love you with a love greater than you can comprehend. As far as the east is from the west so is My love for you. I prepare a place for you that you may live with me forever. The vastness of my love cannot be measured, it is infinite. My love is like the roaring ocean as far as your eye can see both wide and deep. Filled with every good thing. My desire is for you to love Me to turn and see Me and hear Me and be blessed. Every gift and every perfect gift comes from Me. My love is higher than the highest mountain. My love is in every man I created in My image. My love cannot be measured. No man can give you this love. It is I the Lord your God who loves you. I love you more than you can comprehend. I am the beginning and the end and there is no measure of the love I have for you.
_________________

If you are still and listen, you will hear His voice. His word is in you because He created you. Each and every created man and woman, boy and girl, adult, child and baby have been created in His image. A dear friend made me aware of this and I will never forget to pay attention as I think about each one I know personally and read anything they have written, I hear their voice when I read. How much more that I would hear His voice as I read His love letter. And it is a love letter. I've had some say that the Old Testament is anger and rage of God. But actually as I read it again now, I see love. I see compassion for His people, Israel. There wasn't one time that in His infinite love and compassion for them that He didn't turn His face toward them. Think about it. We wouldn't be here if He didn't love us. Our personal choices that we make are our own and the consequences have nothing to do with God. We have the freedom to choose and in our freedom to choose it adds to understanding how much more He loves us.... without control.

And by the way, after the devastating earthquake in China I was reading some blog entries and comments regarding this. I am so grieved by the comments that are referring to the disaster being related to God's wrath. Comments from every belief, without compassion. If I am grieved in my heart, how much more God must be grieved.

And in regard to the woman caught in adultery, Jesus says, "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8

This song keeps ringin in my ears from church Sunday...

Video & Song
'How Can I Keep From Singing' Chris Tomlin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQI5wxtH6OY

No comments:

Post a Comment