Friday

May 23, 2008 Chew Well and Swallow

Chew Well and Swallow

Masticate and cogitate to assimilate.

'The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.' Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Job 23:8 "But if I go to the east, he is not there; if I go to the west, I do not find him. 9 When he is at work in the north, I do not see him; when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him. 10 But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. 11 My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside. 12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Deuteronomy 8:3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Rhema, the spoken word. It fills us with faith, hope and love. Just as we eat daily bread, as He speaks to you and me, it fills our hearts and souls. It is this daily bread that we ponder and digest for spiritual life. Giving thanks for every morsel, every crumb, even the ones that fall on the floor, as with the Phoenician woman. This bread of life is Jesus.

I'll take the left overs, even the crumbs. they are as rich as the piece, right out of the oven. Let His word be...being filled to the fullest, overflowing in you. This is my unsatiated hunger...for His love, this hunger cannot be removed. I am desperate for Him.

Happy Birthday, my precious sister Annette!!

Video & Song
'Power of Your Love' Rebecca St. James
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eA4narr2wyE

No comments:

Post a Comment