Monday

May 26, 2008 Ultimate War

Ultimate War

More now than ever in my walk am I realizing what it means to 'follow Him'. As I shed all my need for any worldly possession I am being prepared as a warrior for battle. Everything I need is being supplied by the Commander, boot camp survival (and I do mean that) training, full armor including a precision Sword, Training Manual, battle plans, strategy, the location of the battle, and the enemy. This war is a rescue mission and the battle field is fierce and forceful. And to my surprise, not that I see myself as 'wonder woman' or some type of gladiator strong woman, I signed up. I signed up?!!! No, actually I've been signed up and the calling is greater that the need to retreat or say 'not this time Lord'.

The battle is not with flesh and blood, Ephesians 6:12, am I happy about that with this aging body! The battle is being prepared all over the world for the coming of the Lord. He is gathering together those who are answering the call and will listen to every detail and plan in the last hour. The battle is in the field, where the fruit is being gathered for the final harvest. They stand ready in the field, all looking in one direction. There will never be a battle as this and we have been chosen. What an honor, He called you and me!!!!!

Luke 10:2 'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out more workers into his harvest field.'

There are no church walls, self contained, comfortable, soft pews, air conditioned buildings, ministering in safety to believers only. The call is a forceful seizing for His purpose and His only. And it means giving of your life. So now will you answer the call knowing the outcome? What do you hear?

Matthew 11:12 'the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it'.

Yes, the way to heaven is straight and narrow, that road takes you there. You'll get there either way, fighting in the field or in comfortable pews. This forceful calling is for everyone, but only few will understand that piercing in their hearts and answer, 'here I am Lord, take all of me, use me for Your glory'. I must decrease, You must increase...

Video & Song
'Mighty To Save' Hillsong
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_yVAYuK7YE0&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment