Monday

April 7, 2008, Feet

Feet

Fascinating - feet.

Feet are one the most utilized parts of the human body. Our feet are constantly under stress as we go about our normal lives. Our feet work for us the whole day, whether we stand, play, run, or walk, and in the process they become the most affected part of our anatomy.
Many things affect the condition of our feet: activity level, occupation, other health conditions, and perhaps most importantly, our shoes.
The foot is an incredibly complex mechanism which serves as a shock absorber, and propulsion engine.

The foot and ankle contain: 26 individual bones, 33 joints, Ligaments, More than 100 muscles, Tendons, Blood vessels, Nerves, Skin % Tissue

All these foot components combine to provide the body with support, balance, and mobility.
__'Anatomy of the Feet'
http://www.foothealthcare.com/html/articles/anatomy/anatomyoffoot.htm

Psalm 139:13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

My thought that prompted this topic, I was thinking about Jesus' feet. His beautiful feet. And thinking about those who came to Him and gathered at His feet. stood at, washed, anointed, cried on, embraced, held onto, sat at, kneeled at, crawled to, were healed at and fell at His feet.

No doubt, like John, I will fall at His feet when I see Him.
Revelation 1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.

Yes, we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Just look at your feet, alone, not to mention the rest of this awesome mechanism given to us.

Video & Song
"We Fall Down' Kutless
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9hT4jKDiGdY&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment