Monday

April 21, 2008, Yes, Giving and Receiving Love

Yes, Giving and Receiving Love

Coming together in my life again in a moment's time inspired by two precious friends to remind me this is my call to share with you. Thank you Connie and thank you Jim.

Thank You Lord that you give each of us the capacity to 'give and receive love'.

The entry before last I briefly spoke of the reason why we are unable to give and receive love. As a precious baby brought into this world, first focuses on the faces of those peering into his or her eyes, the ability to give and receive love is formed. As adults, our 'peering' and our voices begin the change from pure unconditional love to confusion about what love is. Faces, voices, expressions of love, inability to love and even anger set the course for the life of a child.

As we grow in our lives the expressions and voices continue to form how we see ourselves and how we will react to others. It will affect our view of our ability to 'give and receive' love. And 'giving and receiving love' is the entire process of our lives. It is our interaction with God, family, friends and acquaintances. It is also the interaction between colleagues, partners and consumers. It is giving and receiving, although it may not seem as love, it is, whether our focus is able to see this or not, whether we resist it or not.

Think about it. Everything we do is either reaching out or taking, whether with family, friends, business or work. Serving in itself is giving love, acceptance is receiving that love. Whatever capacity it is given.

The ability to serve in love or give love, that is unconditionally, can only happen with healing of our heart, soul and mind. And receiving love, that is unconditionally, can only happen with healing of our heart, soul and mind.

This will be a topic which I will stay with for awhile. Since it covers the reason for living. The reason and purpose for everything in which we were created. To be able to reach out to others in unconditional love and receive love is so profound. This is Jesus, God is love. The very first thing we learn about Jesus, is God is love. And as precious children in His sight, children give unconditional love, whether it is received unconditionally or not.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

My question was always, Lord, how can I possibly understand what You are saying and be able to do this, to love will 'all' these? This is not a mystery. And in these next entries I will share my journey and process to this revelation. Because these truly are the greatest commandments and these fulfill all else.

And this worship moves me deeply as I understand who He is.
In '24/7 obedience', hearing and living this. This is my call. And now the second time in a month
I've added this song, it is just as much for me as for you. Because it is about Him always, about Him first. He is the reason that I live, the reason that I sing and I will worship Him.

Video & Song
'With All I Am' Hillsong
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0rwP1NxcxkU

Once again this is my heart's cry to the Lord from the inside out.
'Inside Out' Hillsong
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwJEdo1FlMo&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment