Thursday

April 3, 2008 Break Me, Use Me

Break Me, Use Me

Psalm 51:7 Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean, scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life. 8 Tune me in to foot-tapping songs, set these once-broken bones to dancing. 9 Don't look too close for blemishes, give me a clean bill of health. 10 God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life. 11 Don't throw me out with the trash, or fail to breathe holiness in me. 12 Bring me back from gray exile, put a fresh wind in my sails! 13 Give me a job teaching rebels your ways so the lost can find their way home. 14 Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God, and I'll sing anthems to your life-giving ways. 15 Unbutton my lips, dear God; I'll let loose with your praise. 16 Going through the motions doesn't please you, a flawless performance is nothing to you. 17 I learned God-worship when my pride was shattered. Heart-shattered lives ready for love don't for a moment escape God's notice. 18 Make Zion the place you delight in, repair Jerusalem's broken-down walls. 19 Then you'll get real worship from us, acts of worship small and large, Including all the bulls they can heave onto your altar! _____The Message

Create in me a clean heart...and after I have been broken, give me a new heart, a fresh start and new beginning, yes, from the chaos in my life. Breathe Your Holy Spirit in me, that I may love those hurting and searching - to You.

And my prayer from the other day, as I gladly climb on the operating table myself, begging Him to do heart surgery.

'Lord, crack me open, I need to be totally exposed, naked and transparent to be a servant, a 'transformer' for You. My true desire is for my actions to be responses from my heart.. I, 'myself', gladly climb on the operating table and beg You to please do the surgery to help me 'see' and 'feel', change my behavior, set my priorities, choose my actions, see principles to my changes and choices, be a transformer in the systems of my life, a catalyst, yeast (forgot salt to season), have courage to be a transformational leader. And before You close me up, please leave even a small portion of "wisdom, vision, trust, self-awareness, persistence, patience, introspection, initiative, humility, faith, and courage".Oh, and while I'm there, I need an eye transplant to go with my new heart and connect them both to my hands and feet.'

Video & Song
'Open Arms' Michael W. Smith
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZIgX_6Fi2AQ&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment