Saturday

April 26,2008, Listening and Holding On

Listening and Holding On

I go to You Lord and listen to Your voice and what You lovingly say to me.

John 10:25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

Throughout the same chapter Jesus says, 'My sheep know my voice.

There is no inflated story here. This is a 'real life' human story here. We are like lost sheep, desperate, wandering, searching, needing, sick, hurting....lost until we realize Jesus, the good shepherd, has always been there.

No one else can fulfill what He is able to do in our lives, no one. If we would just let Him find us when we are lost, and not just when we are lost, when we are desperate, wandering, searching, needing, sick and hurting. The question is, why are we afraid of Him, He who is Love. A gentle and loving God, not forceful, not demanding, not overpowering. He with great love and compassion waits, He will not intrude, because He who is love is patient, beyond our comprehension.

What unbelievable love!!! Why wouldn't we want it? Hold onto Him, He's holding onto you.

Video & Song
'East to West' Casting Crowns
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Wh1xVh7EQs&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment