Sunday

April 26, 2009 Crushed to Life

It came to me to read this scripture this morning:

Jeremiah 10:17 Grab your bags, all you who are under attack. 18 God has given notice: "Attention! I'm evicting Everyone who lives here, And right now - yes, right now! I'm going to press them to the limit, squeeze the life right out of them." 19 But it's a black day for me! Hopelessly wounded, I said, "Why, oh why did I think I could bear it?" 20 My house is ruined - the roof caved in. Our children are gone - we'll never see them again. No one left to help in rebuilding, no one to make a new start! 21 It's because our leaders are stupid. They never asked God for counsel, And so nothing worked right. The people are scattered all over. 22 But listen! Something's coming! A big commotion from the northern borders! Judah's towns about to be smashed, left to all the stray dogs and cats! 23 I know, God, that mere mortals can't run their own lives, That men and women don't have what it takes to take charge of life. 24 So correct us, God, as you see best. Don't lose your temper. That would be the end of us. 25 Vent your anger on the godless nations, who refuse to acknowledge you, And on the people who won't pray to you - The very ones who've made hash out of Jacob, yes, made hash And devoured him whole, people and pastures alike. (The Message)

Where did the teaching ever come from that said being wounded, destroyed is a bad thing (because spiritual death really is the only thing to fear)? As I reread scripture I see nothing but God's Love and in His Love when we are able to understand, the crushing comes in our surrender and in the surrender there is no fear. If we surrender to the purging fire, the crushing Hand of God, we will see the beauty of New Birth, and Life only comes with death, abundance from lack, hope from despair, vision from brokenness and a crushed ego. Now God can use us. How often do we see people crying out to God and on their knees in times of devastation? Every time. But over time we forget. The real test is to remember the beauty of being crushed and reborn.

Please read the following very carefully. We restrict or inhibit God by resistance, control, pride and egos. When all the thick superficial dust of our egos settle down, then we see His Love and Light clearly. We can see clearly that God is a Loving God, compassionate and slow to anger regardless of the outward circumstances. Now instead of crushing being a punishment, it becomes necessary for growth and New Life. Now there is no fear, ever, only Peace knowing His Truth.

We are 'mere mortals' who when trying to run our own lives, limit experiencing the fullness of God. When we ask God for counsel and accept how He chooses to bring New Life, even if He chooses by crushing and squeezing the life out of us, it is because He will bring New Life and New Birth and raise us from the dead. Remember the example of many who have asked God to teach them patience? This is a great example of this illustration. Do we know what is on the other side of this prayer when we completely surrender to God's method to teach us?

I am remembering again, one profound statement given to me which helped me see clearly my life's purpose and allowed me to see a way to surrender to that purpose. It was, 'Teresa, you are in this because you have chosen to be in this, in following Him'. Faith reveals Jesus Christ and His Love, far greater than any control of my own.

I surrender all. Nothing can destroy His Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment