Sunday

April 19, 2009 If I live one life

Without His love I can do nothing, with His love there is nothing I cannot do. Unknown

I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love. Mother Teresa

If I live one life at home and another life in church and another life at work or in community; if I love conditionally it is not love. Love does not lie, love does not require anything of anyone, love does not separate or exclude, love does not fear nor is jealous nor envious nor competes. Love does not flaunt appearances or prestige as power. Love does not judge, gossip, condemn, control, exclude, remove, damage, abandon, neglect but instead Love is tender, kind, open, sets free, embraces, receives, gives, includes, invites, nurtures, nourishes, fulfills, energizes, gives Life.

There was a dear elderly woman Ken and I knew. She was so in love with Jesus, every word that came out of her mouth was about love and her tenderness won many to know Jesus. Here name was Helyn Lee Schieck, she said 'you can love someone into the kingdom of Heaven'. I really believe that, honestly who can resist?

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2 If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 3 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.


http://static.flickr.com/1438/1483193019_b8870c9ada.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment