Thursday

May 14, 2009 Ego eime kai S'Agapo

First of all, I want to thank God for every beautiful life He has put in my path as we walk closely together with deeply connecting hearts, We are learning to surrender and be vulnerable with each other as we experience His Great Love, through us and for us.
____________________________________

Ego: the best definition is from the Greek verb - to be, conjugated in first person - 'I' and when 'eime' is added, it is Ego eime, or 'I am'. This says everything, 'I am' is all about me, I exist for me. The 'I' thrives on feeding me, feeding my fears and projecting my fears. The 'I'' wants to be alone, it is an insatiable savage when not pleased or put into a position of inclusion. The 'I' resists Love and certainly doesn't want to give Love because no one is deserving of anything but the 'I'. The 'I' goes to great lengths to twist and distort real Love to protect it'self'.

This super-ego is a strong-willed perfectionist and critic. This is a part of us that needs crushing and pruning in order for us to have abundant Life. Resisting Love can be pretty exhausting and painful. When the ego is being crushed it feels like labor before birth, but one thing I know, I can release the pain and admire the amazing beauty of Life being created in me in the process.

The nemesis of the 'I' is the Cardia or Heart which lives for Etsi or You, 'S'agapo'', You - I Love (Apape). This Love desires to be included, is all inclusive and Loves unconditionally; it is satiated and grows in Love. Do you see the struggle? The war between the two? This struggle is not of the flesh. The battle starts within 'me'.

I want to highlight parts of this scripture for emphasis, but I can't because the emphasis is on all of it:

Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. 3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4 Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7 If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8 if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. 20 On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.


Love is relentless...Love will always Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment