Wednesday

October 29, 2008 Do I, Should I?

Do I, Should I?

Miriam, Aaron's sister did it. David did it. It was done in celebration of victory or praise or thanksgiving.
Miriam and all the women followed her as they danced in praise and song to God delivering His people from Pharaoh and his army through the parting sea. David danced before the ark in His Spirit. Of course there was also dancing before false gods and dancing to entice as with the daughter of Herodias and Herod, but I want to talk about a dance that is in celebration to our God.
There isn't dancing much with song and praise to God, maybe beautiful Israeli dancing. Almost every country and culture has their own dance in celebration. Italy, Greece, Mexico to name a few. In the U.S. there isn't dancing in celebration (not sure about square dancing). When you watch the passion in dancing of some cultures it shows their spirit and love of life.

It is so freeing to be able to dance in praise. To dance before the Lord is one form of praise to God. Maybe I won't dance before Him in public but when I do dance, as little as it may be, it rises up from within me and extension of my praise, it is all of me, it is with a deeper expression of what is within me and my love of life and love for my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment