Wednesday

October 15, 2008 I Love You

I Love You

It has become my greatest desire to know you more, to see past 'words'. I am learning to 'see' you and 'hear' you and in doing so I see and hear myself. We are all created to have commun(ion)ity, to 'see' and 'love' takes slowing down and 'being with' each other. It takes more than a handshake, a hug, or small talk to see the deepest part of each other, our hearts.

When we look past the superficial body language, words and actions, we find hearts that want to give love and receive love under hurt, shame, fear and loneliness. We all need encouragement and compassion and to hear, 'I understand and I love you'.

Who can do this 100% of the time? No one, there is only One who sees and loves always. As my desire is to know you more, I am learning to know 'me' more, I can only love as I learn to love myself. We are His vessels, and His desire is for us to love Him with our total being and to love our brothers and sisters as we love ourselves. We may not have the capacity for the whole world in a single moment, we can start with those closest to us.




http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2356/2474148189_1cdf4fd4ce_m.jpg

Video & Song
'Miracle of The Moment' Steven Curtis Chapman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rResKXjKqjQ&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment