Sunday

June 7, 2009 To teach or not to teach? That is the question

I am really feeling and seeing just how difficult it is to get to the bottom of my'self' and just connect with people. When I teach I cannot connect. Instead I must make time to connect with others. Now, I can teach with an intention to connect and teach with love, especially focusing on 'not teaching' but inviting and offering and sharing God's Love.
Once I move out of staying in my heart, 'while teaching', then I am disconnected from those near me. It isn't my many words teaching, because God said, 'So will the words that come out of My mouth not come back empty-handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them'. Isaiah 55.

I must be very careful and not think it's my words that complete the assignment. All we do is carry, plant and water. I am human and must allow His Love to flow through me regardless of what I am doing, whether teaching or visiting, or for that matter, anything. This cannot be overlook and applies to my most difficult assignment in my life to Love unconditionally, that is, to Love unconditionally my husband and my family. It is so easy to 'get into' my'self' and not my heart. But when I focus inwardly, there is inward peace not only in me but those near me. When I focus outwardly then there is an outward static or turmoil that develops. You know, those disgusting outward circumstances! Those things over which we have not control.

So what happens in the offering and sharing and not just teaching; in the planting and watering with His Love. The seed begins to grow from fully 'experiencing' His Word and His Love and not just words out of my mouth. Because the action of our hearts really is not teaching but sharing and allowing His Word to flow through us. The heart action cannot be missed or overlooked. The heart action draws desire and hunger for more.

After all, what this crazy World needs is Love.
This is all I need to do...

and


It's God's job to bring this...

No comments:

Post a Comment