Saturday

June 5, 2009 Let Love Rip

Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. 20 On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I actually started writing through my bible 'Choose Me, Choose Life' and 'I will never leave you or forsake you'. This message becomes so clear in everything from Genesis to Revelation. To my amazement within the context of every bible story (I am rereading and searching specifically this message) is a confirmation that God is saying no more than this to us.

If I am truly learning to live with the nature that God has put inside of me as His created, awesome being, then my desire is for my life to exemplify His Love and in living out His Love I choose Him, I choose His Life. After all isn't it the least I can do as a member of His Body. That is, to Love unconditionally. To live in peace with everyone and let God have His way without my interference. And most of all who is my enemy when I feed them this Food and this Drink 'given and served with Love'? This will allow the Fire of God's amazing Love to flow down from the top of that emptied ego/head. Love conquers all, Love covers a multitude of sins, Love Never Fails.

It is easy to Love those who are in agreement with us, our many brothers and sisters. Or is it? Too often within this worldwide family, pride and conceit (that ol' ego thing) separates our hearts. It really is the emptying out of our'selves' or getting down to the bottom of our'selves' in order to be filled with His Love that rips us wide open to Love unconditionally.

And with new eyes and new ears we comprehend with His Heart and feel His Grace, which is like a beautiful covering over everyone. We have a choice to stay under this soft Love Gift with cozy snuggles along with an occasional pillow fight. We ARE His children and it really is okay to be like a child and occasionally let it rip. It is so liberating. And the joy and laughter of a child you can hear the Voice of God.

The results are the same all over the world. This photo is marked in Nepal.


This one in France.

Let's have an occasional pillow fight and knock the 'stuffy-ness' out of each other so we can be emptied out and have a good laugh. Sounds like fun to me :-)


Added note: we are praising God for His mercy and grace as He as given Life back to our youth pastor James Rogers after a serious car accident. James chose Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment