Monday

May 23, 2011 Our Amazing Daily Bread

Why is the most important part of this scripture naming God left off when quoting it or completely left out of some translations?

James 4:1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

'Thank you' to a beautiful soul and brother, who by example boldly poured out his heart 'to' God 'in front of us and invited us to join in. Those of you who know Jim, he and his amazing wife and famiily are the most beautiful examples of total surrender to God as they completely depend on Him for their daily bread. I couldn't help but think as I was reading his note that he is an example of a modern day Paul. I sent Jim a note and said I felt helpless but I do know my feeling helpless draws me even closer to asking and believing God that He will absolutely work it out for their good and we all have the honor to see how He does.

My family has moved into a season of this same surrender, believing God for all our needs and thanking Him always for our daily bread (our needs in the moment). We know that He is faithful and any direction He wants us to go we are ready. I'll keep saying it, if He says 'come', we come, if He says 'go' we will go, if He says 'stay' we will do that too. And what an awesome place to be, up against the edge of the sea waiting for God to do His amazing thing that He always does to reveal Himself. We can't see the other side of the sea but we know it is there.

I absolutely believe this scripture speaks about our interactions, responses and actions with each other as we walk together on this Road. It speaks about our surrender, our Peace that surpasses all understanding and how Our Daily Bread falls from Heaven.


...and Dear God please bless my sisters Annette and Sharon!! Sharon's birthday was on the 14th and Annette's is today. Thank you! I Love you Annette and Sharon!!




hisheartmyheart@gmail.com